Waste and effluents from pwr
The participants will gain a global knowledge of the origin and fate of waste resulting from the operation of nuclear power plants.
After completing the course, they will be able to:
- Identify the main regulations.
- Cite typology and impacts of waste.
- Describe treatment and surveillance techniques.
- Regulatory aspects of waste management.
- Effluent treatment. Physico-chemical aspects and process design.
- Solid radioactive waste.
- Thermal and chemical discharges.
- Characterization of waste.
- Techniques for decontamination of solid waste.
- Impact of radioactive and chemical releases on the environment.
- Health regulation and rejection control.
- Surveillance of nuclear installations.
- Radioactive waste storage centers.
- R & D on the treatment of waste.