Back to the list
Thermal hydraulics and safety
- Describe the various scales of two-phase flow modelling and their significance.
- Present the different formulations of the 1D two-phase flow modelling (number and nature of balance equations, set of dependent variables, closure laws).
- Give practical and relevant examples of thermal hydraulic models in the nuclear field.
- Identify and to discuss the major physical phenomena involved during design basis accident and severe accidents.
- Describe the different scenarios of core degradation and corium interactions during severe accidents.
- Present the hydrogen risk in LWRs.
- Basic phenomena in single- and two-phase flow.
- Thermal hydraulic phenomena in LWRs.
- Multi-scale approach of LWR thermal hydraulics.
- System code modelling of reactor thermal hydraulics including advanced modelling.
- Simulation of LWR design basis accidents.
- Application of two-phase CFD to some reactor thermal hydraulic issues.
- Multiphase phenomena and modelling of severe accidents in LWRs.
- Hydrogen risk.