Back to the list
Specificities of experimental reactors
Objectives of the module:
- Acquire a detailed vision of experimental reactors, existing or under study, and their specificities:
- Identify the main types of reactors and experimental devices,
- Describe their technologies and systems,
- Explain the safety issues and regulations specific to them,
- Examine the specificities related to their exploitation,
- Explain the objectives and design choices of the Jules Horowitz reactor (JHR).
- Introduction to experimental reactors.
- Reminders of neutronics and nuclear physics.
- Fuel from current and developing reactors.
- Experimental devices.
- Design of the battery pack.
- Thermohydraulic, primary circulation and pressurization.
- Development constraints and architecture.
- Exploitation: specific problems, feedback.
- Positioning of research reactors in their environment.
- Presentation of recent major projects.
- Presentation of the RJH project.
- Risks related to experimental reactors. Incidents, accidents.
- Safety systems.
- French and international regulations.
- Presentation and visit of reactors.