Back to the list
Reactor core physics deterministic and monte carlo methods
- Describe the neutron interactions in a nuclear reactor.
- Compare the deterministic and probabilistic methods for solving the neutron transport equation.
- Identify the main sources of uncertainties in a neutronic calculation (deterministic or probabilistic).
- Chain reaction and neutron balance.
- Transport equation and calculation schemes.
- Solving the steady-state integro-differential transport equation.
- Neutron slowing-down and resonance absorption.
- Verification & Validation of neutronics code packages.
- The Monte Carlo method.
- Monte Carlo techniques.
- Monte Carlo codes.
- Monte Carlo/Deterministic coupling and benchmarking.