Radiation protection for decommissioning
Technical training delivered by experts for newcomers to the field of decommissioning.
The radiological approach in the decommissioning sphere is quite close to the radiological approach of an operational atmosphere; nevertheless, some important specificities have to be accounted for.
The course objectives are:
- To give a basic radiation protection knowledge to the students,
- To present the ALARA approach,
- To highlight the characteristics and specificities of radiation protection as applied to decommissioning especially concerning internal and external exposure risk.
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Explain the radioprotection regulatory framework and its impact in the decommissioning field,
- Put forward solutions in order to limit the integrated dose,
- Limit internal exposure during the decommissioning phase,
- Explain dosimetry optimization management.
Pre-requisites: Basic knowledge of working in a radiological controlled environment
Learning techniques: Classroom-based teaching with PowerPoint supports
Target population: Engineering and technical personnel / nuclear operators new to decommissioning
Technology: PWR, Gas Graphite, Fast Breeder, Heavy Water
Duration: 1 day in France
Max number of trainees per course: 20