Nuclear waste management advanced
Perform a critical analysis of the various waste management options and identify how scientific studies play a part in addressing the issues related to nuclear waste management.
- Identify the origin, the nature, the volumes and flux of nuclear waste.
- Describe the nuclear waste management options.
- Know the specific issues of waste conditioning with cement-like and glass materials.
- Analyze the solutions for final storage, particularly for safety aspects.
- Present arguments for further scientific research in waste management.
- General considerations on nuclear waste
- Waste management options and related issues
- Waste conditioning: concrete and vitrification
- Science contribution to economic, safety and societal issues
- Case study