Back to the list
Nuclear fuels for light water reactors
- Describe the design and the fabrication of the nuclear fuels.
- Describe the fuel thermal and mechanical behavior in reactor operation (mainly temperature and irradidation effects).
- Identify the main limiting phenomena (for safety and design).
- Nuclear fuels fundamental.
- Fuel element thermal performance and temperature effects.
- Nuclear fuel behavior under irradiation.
- Main limiting phenomena in the different types of fuel.
- Fuel behavior during some off-normal conditions.
- Modelling of fuel behavior.
- Fuel challenges for the future.