Master of science in advanced nuclear waste management (sneam/anwm)
SNEAM / ANWM - Advanced Nuclear Waste Management specializes in nuclear waste management. It develops fundamental scientific, technical and industrial knowledge, has a particular focus on the backend of the nuclear fuel cycle, nuclear waste management, long-term safety and environmental impact assessment and provides strong insights on dismantling and decommissioning of nuclear facilities.
The master trains engineers exposed to a highly complex scientific environment where technical expertise is omnipresent in the field of nuclear waste management.
The program provides:
- The scientific knowledge necessary for nuclear waste management and the capability to understand how to assess long-term safety and environmental impacts.
- The skills to master the operational techniques and strategies for the management of nuclear waste.
- The appropriate solutions according to the type of waste through project work in industry.
- The possibility to build contacts with a large number of international key players in the field.
- The competencies to master dismantling and decommissioning of nuclear facilities.
- Societal considerations in the management of nuclear waste with regard to public acceptance.