Disposal facility operation, closure, and post-closure
The course focuses on the different phases in the life of a LLW disposal facility (operations, closure, and post-closure).
- Operations phase:
- Identification of the operations that are undertaken by such as facility on site
- Corresponding On-site operations organization
- Human resources development plan
- Relations with regulatory body, security on site, stake holder involvement and communications
- Safety and radioprotection
- Financial elements for such a site and economic impact on the local environment
This part of the training course includes a visit of the CSA-Andra’s LLW disposal facility-and on-site discussion with the staff.
- Closure operations
- Post closure:
- Active and passive monitoring systems
This part of the training course includes a visit of the CSM-Andra’s closed LLW disposal facility-and on-site discussion with the staff.