Dismantling experience of nuclear facilities
This course gives the necessary knowledge for the decommissioning of old nuclear facilities (laboratories, plants, nuclear power plants, contaminated area) and management of waste. It covers all measures needed to ensure the safety of people and the environment.
Learning objectives in terms of professional skills (knowledge and know-how) are:
- Waste management
- Analysis and resolution of problems associated with the decommissioning of nuclear facilities
- Project management and planning
- Radiation protection associated with waste and decommissioning
- Economics of decommissioning
- Rules and regulations associated with decommissioning and waste management
This training is fundamentally at the heart of engineering sciences, due to its multi-disciplinary (mechanical engineering, chemical engineering, project management, data acquisition and interpretation) and multiscale approach.