Archive and memory keeping
This course will study the issue of archiving and memory keeping for waste and disposal facilities. It includes the following aspects:
- Definitions of terms (IAEA terminology)
- Archive management
- Memory keeping needs for a disposal facility taking into account the type of waste that is disposed of.
- What elements must not be forgotten and for how long, the various constraints: regulations, the type of waste, other
- The memory keeping system: active and passive memory, the technical solutions and processes that are developed in each case:
- For a Low Level Waste disposal facility
- For a High Level Waste disposal facility
- Overview of the French approach to memory keeping and related research
- Overview of international activities on the subject (in specific countries, at the NEA and at the IAEA level).